Our ACT courses have been uniquely designed to build key skills and effective
strategies to crack the ACT. All of our sessions are taught by highly qualified
instructors and are experts
on preparing students for the exam.
Each of our courses is carefully designed, taking into account all of the
best instructional and practice materials available. Our classes balance interactive
lecture, cooperative discussion, and realistic mock test situations. We offer
the following classes:
Intensive Course (60 Hours) | Regular Course
(32 Hours) | Crash Course (20 hours)
For groups of 5 or more, please call us at 1-888-588-7955 to arrange
ACT Class Schedule
1 Early registration pricing ends 60 days before a class starts.
Unless otherwise noted, all classes run during calendar holiday
dates except for Monday July 4th.
||Other ACT Prep Programs
Tailored to the unique needs of individual students
Fail to recognize individual students’ strengths and weaknesses
Top quality instructors
Talented young teachers handpicked from the best schools
|Unreliable teacher quality
Weak instructors hired through an undiscerning process
|Only the best explanatory texts
Chosen from the full range of ACT materials available
Limited instructional tools
Ineffective strategies taken from a single source
|Real practice tests
Actual practice questions and mock exams from the writers of
Inauthentic test questions
Unapproved, untested questions written by companies not affiliated
with the ACT
Our ACT prep courses are designed to help students maximize
their scores on the ACT. Our courses will cover the following topics:
- Comprehensive review of grammatical concepts, including both usage
- Honing rhetorical skills, including writing structure and style
- Strategies to maximize both accuracy and speed
- Comprehensive review of mathematical concepts
- Shortcuts and strategies: how to arrive at the correct answer as
quickly as possible
- Personalized guidance based on each student's current test performance
and ultimate goals
- Reading comprehension and analysis strategies for all four subject areas: prose fiction, humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences
- Effective strategies for recognizing and answering the main question types for each passage
- Time management and pacing
- Science Reasoning
- Interpretation, critical analysis, and prediction-making based on
- Approaches to the three main question types: data representation,
research summaries, and conflicting viewpoints
- Strategies for speed and accuracy in multiple-choice questions
- The most common ACT Writing essay topics
- Individualized guidance on strong content, structure, and style
for the ACT essay
- Full diagnostic tests, with detailed score reporting and essay feedback
- Proctored practice tests
- Customized lectures and group activities
- Concept reinforcement and test-taking strategies
- ACT student manuals
- Daily homework and study schedule
- Roadmap for ACT prep
The Intensive Course is Ivy Global's most popular preparatory program.
The course prepares all students in grades 9-12 intending to take the ACT exam
with a comprehensive blueprint to the Reading, English, Mathematics, and Science content on the exam,
along with an in-depth and extensive guide to the optional Writing test.
Those enrolled will receive three full-length diagnostic tests proctored under exam-taking conditions,
and will also be given the time to thoroughly review their content afterwards.
By the end of the course, students will have had ample opportunities not only to master effective
test-taking strategies, but also to thoroughly practice using the materials covered during class.
View Course Outline (PDF)
The Regular Course is intended for all students in grades 9-12 who are looking for a head start on the ACT.
It provides an efficient review of the Reading, English, Mathematics, and Science concepts tested on the ACT,
including a detailed guide to the optional Writing test.
Those enrolled are provided with two diagnostic exams and six 4-hour classes
that include a balanced mixture of lecture, collaborative activities, vocabulary quizzes,
problem-solving, discussion, and further strategy building.
View Course Outline (PDF)
The Crash Course is designed for all students in grades 9-12.
It provides a condensed review of the Reading, English, Mathematics,
and Science concepts tested on the ACT, as well as an introduction
to the most effective strategies for each section.
The course includes two diagnostic exams,
three 4-hour classes of engaging lecture, rigorous reinforcement of new content,
and consistent practice. In addition, students will work with the instructor
to develop a long-term study plan for their preparation beyond the end of the class.
View Course Outline (PDF)
ACT Course Material
ACT Guide 1.0 Edition by Ivy Global
Ivy Global's ACT Guide is a comprehensive test preparation book designed using the updated 2016 ACT. At 795 pages, the ACT Guide contains comprehensive explanations of all ACT material, with over 500 ACT-style practice questions and 3 full-length practice tests.
Real ACT Prep Guide 2016-2017
This book includes 3 previously administered exams from the makers
of the ACT. It is the only guide on the market that has real ACT questions
and is, in our opinion, the best guide with which to practice and prepare
for the test. All students will receive a personal copy of this guide.
In addition to the materials above, the instructors will provide customized
materials for each course to provide advanced tips and strategies for
each section of the ACT.
Registration and Cancellation Policy
Full payment must be received within 5 business days of your online registration.
We accept credit card payment online or by phone to 1-888-588-7955:
We do offer partial refunds for cancellations made at least 1 week
prior to the start of classes.
- 75% of amount will be refunded for cancellations made at least 1 month
before official class start date.
- 50% of amount will be refunded for cancellations made less than a month
before and at least a week in advance of official class start date.
- There is no refund for cancellations made within 1 week of the official
class start date.
- A student may transfer their registration to another class with at least
1 week notice.
On rare occasions we need to cancel a course, either because of unpredictable circumstances such as an instructor having an emergency personal situation or a course location becoming unavailable in the last minute. We run classes even with low registration numbers. Less than 2% of our scheduled classes are cancelled. Students will be notified immediately in the event that this happens and can withdraw from the course with a full refund, enroll in another course that has space available, or enroll in private tutoring.